Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, July 9, 2010

Shrimp Cocktail

In honor of Rhoda's Summer Recipe Party, I am linking this recipe from last summer.  It was one of my first blog entries so please overlook any editing glitches.  This recipe is delicious and I hope you enjoy it.  
Our area of the country is experiencing an oppressive heat wave. As a result, we are all looking for lighter fare for dinner.

This recipe comes from Kraft First Taste and is absolutely delicious. It is a cross between a traditional shrimp cocktail and salsa.


I paired this cocktail with fresh corn, steamed vegetables and cantaloupe for a light and refreshing dinner.

1 lb. cooked, and cleaned shrimp
3 tomatoes, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 small jalapeno
2 tablespoons Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Combine all the ingredients except salt and pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour. Stir in salt and pepper just before serving. Garnish with lemon wedge.Try it, you'll love it.

I'm linking this to
Foodie Friday. Stop over and have a bite.
For a free membership and registration to Kraft First Taste, click here.

6 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. With the heat in our area I am always looking for light menus as well.
    Have a great week-end
    Your newest follower...
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Annette!

    Thanks for becoming a follower. I will be watching for more pictures of Skipper. Bosco is all black and not very photogenic.

    You will love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that publication. My husband would love this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really delicious - great for a hot summer's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks very yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a nice light meal for a hot Texas night! Thanks for sharing with us warm Southerners.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La